Lapis Lazuli-An International Literary Journal (LLILJ) is a UGC Approved, refereed International Bi-annual e-journal of emerging Literary and Linguistic perspectives in the contemporary literatures in English, published on behalf of PINTER SOCIETY OF INDIA and is designed to publish theoretical articles and book reviews on literature and language. Each issue will contain various pieces (academic and creative) on the major works of literatures in English or on topics related to literary interest presented in a lively and engaging style.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
Contributors can help editorial processing by submitting their works in accordance with the following guidelines:
1) Ideally on A-4 sized paper with normal margins. Word limit: minimum 3500 words; should not exceed 5000 words (not including Works Cited).
2) The entire matter in the document should be arranged in the Times New Roman font (Title- 14, Body- 12), 1.5 spaced and justified in alignment.
3) Indent the beginning of each paragraph except the first.
4) Italicize book titles.
5) The author’s name should be centrally placed below the title of articles. Other details such as address and professional position, etc. may be given at the end.
6) Wherever notes are necessary, they should be as brief as possible and ideally placed at the end of the article.
7) Material submitted should generally be in line with modern conventions on issues of language and gender.
Please consult MLA style sheet (7th edition).
8) The article may not be descriptive and stand-alone in nature: it should reflect the writer’s critical and analytical engagement with the research area and existing critical literature on the topic.
9) An abstract of the article of about 100-150 words must be appended to the paper.
10) Key words of the article (five to ten in number) must be appended to the paper.
11) A brief bio-note of about 50-100 must be appended to the paper.
11) Contributors are requested to give a declaration that the paper is original and does not violate the copyright law and it has not been published elsewhere before.
12) A self-attested certificate of originality. The journal has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR PLAGIARISM.
13) The submission should be in the form of a SINGLE document, containing the abstract, the key words, the paper, the bio-note and the self-declaration.
1) Reviews should have brief titles. Complete details regarding the book under review (i.e. Name of Author, Year of Publication, Publisher, Price, ISBN/ISSN etc.) should be given below the title, in keeping with the standard conventions of book review.
2) Books being reviewed must be published in the current year. Concession can be made with respect to important books, in consultation with the editorial board.
3) The review should not be a mere paraphrase of its contents. It should indicate the reviewer’s critical and analytical engagement with the context and specific location of the book.
4) The language of the book review may not be conversational, but that indicating optimum use of academic language aiding comprehension.
5) There should normal margins, and double-space typing. Ideal length should be 1000-1500 words.
6) Five to ten Key words and a brief bio-note of about 4-5 lines must be appended to the document.
7) Cover image of the book under review should be added to the review.
8) The entire matter in the document should be arranged in the Times New Roman font (Title- 14, Body- 12), 1.5 spaced and justified in alignment.
1) Poems/Short Stories not more than 3, can be submitted for consideration for a particular issue.
2) The editorial board reserve the right to approve/publish or reject as many entries as they deem fit.
3) Poems/short stories may be accompanied with images (with proper credits), if the author so wishes.
4) A brief bio-note of about 4-5 lines must be appended to the document.
5) The entire matter in the document should be arranged in the Times New Roman font (Title- 14, Body- 12), 1.5 spaced and justified in alignment.
1) Transcripts of interviews with famous authors/poets/litterateurs/academics may be submitted for publication.
2) The submission should contain details of when and where the interview was taken.
3) All interviews must carry the declaration by the interviewer that the interview was taken with clear consent of the author/interviewee, and was obtained by following standard ethical procedures for the same.
4) The interviews submitted for publication should not be older than six months from the date of submission. However, the final decision will be vested with the editors.
5) The interview submission should contain at least one paragraph introducing the author and his/her literary oeuvre or academic achievement.
6) Preferably, the interview submission should carry a title and a brief bio-note of the interviewer.
7) There should be generous margins, and double-space typing. The ideal length should be 1500-3000 words.
8) Five to ten Key words and a brief bio-note of about 4-5 lines must be appended to the document.
9) The entire matter in the document should be arranged in the Times New Roman font (Title- 14, Body- 12), 1.5 spaced and justified in alignment.
Revised submissions should be returned to the editors within ONE MONTH from the date on which the revise request is sent. Revised submissions received after the given time to be considered as new submissions. Please give the exact page number(s), paragraphs(s) and line number(s) where each revision is made.
1) Submissions will be entertained ONLY AS EMAIL ATTACHMENTS. Submissions should be mailed latest by midnight of the specified date.
2) The submissions should not contain any kind of inflammatory, derogatory or pornographic content, which shall immediately be rejected.
3) All submissions must mention the details in the subject line: “(Research Paper/Poetry/Fiction/Book review/Interview) Submission for (Spring/Autumn) Issue of Lapis Lazuli” [using whichever is applicable] and mailed to <email@example.com>.
4) Acknowledgement of a submission will be communicated within a few hours of submission. In the unlikely case of an acknowledgement not received within a day, authors are requested to resend the mail.
PEER REVIEW PROCEDURE, ACCEPTANCE AND PUBLICATION
1) All submissions will be subjected to Blind Peer-review, meaning the identity of the author and the reviewer will be unknown to either of them, in the spirit of ethical academic publication.
2) Submissions will be accepted till midnight of the last date specified for each issue, and no submission will be accepted thereafter, on any grounds: whether technical or personal. Authors are requested to submit their works well in time. Submission deadline would be 30th May for the Spring issue, and 30th November for the Autumn issue.
3) The Blind Peer-review process will be completed within a month of the last date for submission deadline.
4) Acceptance/request for revision/rejection of the submitted work will be communicated to the authors within 45 days of submission.
5) The Spring and Autumn issues will be published within July and January respectively.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is a primary condition for publication that LAPIS LAZULI- AN INTERNATIONAL LITERARY JOURNAL and PINTER SOCIETY OF INDIA will retain the absolute right over the published articles, recognizing the name of the author.
Please note that by submitting an article for publication the author confirms that s/he is the corresponding/submitting author and that LAPIS LAZULI- AN INTERNATIONAL LITERARY JOURNAL and PINTER SOCIETY OF INDIA are authorized to retain the article for any further use/reference recognizing the genuine authorship.
Any change of address should be notified immediately to LAPIS LAZULI- AN INTERNATIONAL LITERARY JOURNAL and PINTER SOCIETY OF INDIA.
Please note that LAPIS LAZULI- AN INTERNATIONAL LITERARY JOURNAL and and PINTER SOCIETY OF INDIA does not retain copies of rejected articles.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CHARGE NO PUBLICATION WHATSOEVER.
All Submissions to be sent through e-mail at < firstname.lastname@example.org >.